Monday 18 June 2012

About The Event

The Event is over. We thank you to all sporting participants and sponsors that made this event successful. We accept all comments via email to mycyclingevent@gmail.com.

Event Date : 11th November 2012
Event Type : Mountain Biking (Off Road) Event
Distance : 40km +/-
Difficulty : 3.5/5
Day : Sunday
Time : 6am - 2pm
Registration Fee : RM60 / SGD25
Registration Status : OPEN
Registration Closure : 20th October 2012
Maximum Participants : 1000 riders

Sepang Jamboree is an annual mountain biking event which attracts many riders every year. We are the pioneers in Sepang Offroad Mountain Biking track done in a large scale of participants. In this Jamboree, we try our best to deliver better organized event year by year by popular demand. First of all, there will be a trail specifically picked and tested to meet all ranges of riders from beginners to elites. This year a total of 40km average trail will be set to meet the demand of the riders at any stage of a Jamboree standard. There will be 3 check points to confirm your completion of each section with mineral/isotonic drinks, bananas and medics to standby for you. If you cannot proceed to carry on, there will also be a transport to pick you up back to the starting point for your safety. Ambulances will be ready should you need any serious medical attention too. We will provide riding marshals this year to ride in the trail to guide or assist any riders at all times. Lucky draw awaits the lucky person after the ride and lunch is also provided to recover yourselves. More information is yet to come. Make sure you register early as we close registrations at 1000 riders only. Thank you.

No comments:

Quoted comment on this event.

Quoted comment on this event.

To the organizers of the Sepang Jamboree 11 Sept 2012

The event overall is a success -- very nice trail, challenging but rideable. Good organisation on the day itself and definitely one of the better catered lunches I have had at any of these events. The trail design with the external carpark loop worked to spread the riders out and closer to CP1, I was able to make it up the hills unimpeded by other riders.However, like all events, it can be improved. In the case of the Sepang Jamboree, it doesn't take much -- just attention to some details which will yield much improved participation enjoyment. So please take the following comments not as criticism but of hoped for improvements that will increase my enjoyment next year even more.1. Trail markings -- at the turns, there are markings at the beginning of the turn. That's fine when there isn't another turn at the same point that could be ambiguous. Confirmation markings at 10m intervals (or thereabouts) after the turns especially the ambiguous ones would help. As I got nearer to CP2 when riders were spread out, there were a few times I wasn't sure if I had made the right turn. There were a couple of occasions when fellow riders and I waited for each other for confirmation we were not lost.2. Exiting the trail -- when we exited the trail finally and reached the end of the downhill tarmac road, there was no signpost or marshal to tell riders to turn right and head back to the F1 Village. I knew where I was only because I had by chance parked my car at that junction. Later on as I was cleaning my bike at my car, I was constantly being asked by riders which way the finish was.In fact one group of the finishing riders had the inconvenience to time their right turn just as a whole stream of motorbikes exited the race that had just ended and had to wait at least a couple of minutes before being to get out of the junction.3. Race day information -- for out of town riders, we don't know which is the usual car park the gatherings are. Usually race organisers (in Johor where I ride regularly) will post the coordinates or some well known landmark that can be googled. Sepang is a sprawling site. A simple reference to the F1 village would have helped.4. Registration number changes -- my registration number changed 3 times. I can understand your desire to assign blocks that simplify on site registration logistics. But it is disconcerting. On the bright side I ended up with a number the cantonese would consider desirable (384) :)5. Registration the day before -- again, for out of town riders, not sure how easy it is to find Puchong. btw, I am an ex KL person but was a bit overwhelmed at how much Puchong has developed and expanded. Maybe a telephone hotline would help as out of towners may not have access to the internet. And my Garmin did have updated maps otherwise, I would have been at a loss. For overnight race stays, I usually prefer to collect my registration the day before and avoid the early morning race day scrambles unlike when I am participating in South Johor events (I am a Malaysian living in Singapore).6. The start from F1 Village -- that was one narrow gateway to funnel through during the start but went better than I had hoped -- about a minute to get past the gate from mid pack. Maybe one of the slip roads from the opposite side of the Perimeter road that filters left instead for next year?Finally, a big thank you to the CP volunteers. They are the face of the race and make all the difference to tire legs with their chirpy greetings.Once again, let me stress that the above is not meant as criticism but my hope that next year's jamboree will be even more enjoyable. Health and other factors permitting, I intend to make it back. Any chance you can reschedule outside of the monsoon?Best

Regards
Foo Chee Hei
#384
------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Chua Pei Chong :
Abel Yuen & Friends, thank you for organizing this event. I love it. The trail was amazingly fun to ride and coordinated with sufficient climbs (i love climbs!). No doubt the rain had made the tracks so muddy and slippery, well this is what we call mountain biking! As a feedback, a few additional arrow signage will really help at critical turns and junctions. I was not in the front pack and some of the junctions had wheel marks, so I followed it without getting lost. Those in the front pack may have turned at the wrong junctions. Lastly, the food served was special. Very nice chicken wings, buns, potatoes and the tasty bbq sauce! Hope to make it for next year's event. Again, a big hand and Thanks!